Wednesday 19 November 2014

The ugly side of running

Runners know that running can be ugly. This especially applies to runners feet. I've got to say I'm fortunate I've never lost a toenail to running. In fact, my problem is the opposite. I've had issues with corns on the bottom of my feet since I love being barefoot. Now, for the past few months I've noticed my baby toenail on my left foot growing outward onto the side of the toe. As I run the toe swells and is so sensitive I wake up in the night from the pain of the sheets touching it. So finally I bit the no benefits bullet and booked an appointment with my foot doctor. The good news is it's not an ingrown toenail. The bad news is it's a corn that has developed from a combination of a baby toe that turn outward and repeated stress from...you guessed it: running! So she dug it out and put something in it to kill it. And I got a cute little toe-sleeve to wear to protect it. Let's hope this helps because right now it hurts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment