Saturday 29 November 2014

No excuses.

Since starting this running journey the longest consecutive days I've missed running is 11 during July 2013 when I had to have an appendectomy. Since then I've faithfully stuck to no more than 3 consecutive days off. 
Except this week. 
It was a busy week. Though busy is no excuse. Truthfully I have minimal commitments in terms of family. Many of the runners I follow on social media are mothers and they make it work. As a teacher it was a busy week as I had parent/teacher interviews Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Plus Monday and Wednesday nights I have a bootcamp class and Tuesday my women's bible study. So it's not like I wasn't active. But at the same time I feel guilty. Now that it's darker earlier (way earlier) and colder (way colder) it's hard to find the same motivation. 
But I've also made the decision to largely scale back on running over the winter to let those little twinges and tight spots heal (hopefully).
All that being said I'm so thankful for my treadmill. And iPad. And Netflix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment