Tuesday 2 December 2014

Hydration review: Nuun tri-berry

I've been receiving stride boxes for about a year now and for the most part have just been hoarding the contents. My OCD self recently just organized them into categories so I've decided since my winter runs are mostly treadmill runs I'll try out all hydration products...it's something I struggle with. I get tummy aches from dehydration but it's so hard to stay consistently hydrated. Especially with a busy job. 
So today I tried the Nuun tri-berry. I see a lot of IG friends endorse Nuun and I'd tried the lemon lime (?) flavour at a race once and threw it out. But berry sounds yummy, right?
I mixed it with more than the recommended amount as I find they are often too strong. It was fun watching the tab dissolve. 
At first I was not a fan. The taste was similar to the lemon line. It almost has a carbonated taste too it which I don't love. Even though I watered it down, in my opinion it could have been more watered down. 
The taste grew on me as my run continued. And no tummy troubles. No weird texture. Overall I don't hate it but I don't love it. Out of 10 maybe a 6 or 7. I'll keep trying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment