Wednesday 10 December 2014

Plank a day: week 1

So I've officially been plank a day-ing for one week now, 7 days. 
Planks are a weak spot for me. Okay, core is a weakness in general so I figure planking every day will do nothing but help me. I've also decided that the minimum I will allow myself is 1min. I've been tracking my progress in my notes:
As you can see I started off pretty good and was showing progress daily. Then Sunday hit. I don't know what happened but for the next 3 days my planks were brutal. It was all I could do to make it to that minute. 
Fast forward to today. I've learned that if I'm feeling good to ride it out until I no longer can hold on, and then give it ten more seconds. I can usually tell whether it's going to be a good one or not by the first 10 seconds. I could tell today it would be good. I like to watch my progress and can't wait to see my planks go beyond 2 minutes and then...who knows! 

No comments:

Post a Comment