Tuesday 21 April 2015

Race photos


Two days ago I ran the toronto yonge street 10k. In my race review I rambled about how much I loved it for a number of reasons. One major reason is that I felt so strong the whole time! I was running it with a friend as though I was running at a fast pace I wasn't running "suicide pace" and as a result didn't feel uncomfortable or in pain. I also felt overwhelming joy and blessing. I felt like I was smiling the whole time. Okay, most of the time. 

I love seeing my race photos after a race. I try to see the on course photographers and smile at them but running this course, especially with Lisa I did as she did and waved all crazy at them. As a result I had copious, great race photos! They truly reflect how happy I was the whole time. I'd like to share them with you and pass on the knowledge I learned through reflecting on these race photos. 

Let's start with the not so great. 
I mentioned I felt like I was smiling the whole time but this photo proves that wrong. The "candid" shot. 
Lesson learned: sometimes we don't look as graceful as we feel, focus on the feeling. 

Slightly better of me, but from Lisa you can tell how windy the day truly was. I kept looking over at her as we ran and she angrily shoved her hair behind her ears. 

See how I've just seen the photographer? This is my usual response to them, a smile I think is over exaggerated. Not always the case. 
Lesson learned: smile always. Even when it hurts. Especially when it hurts. 

Here comes the big waves:
I love these three. I love the (what felt like)  crazy waves and ridiculous open mouth. I smile just looking at them because they truly show how happy I was in those moments. Also note poor jay in the middle shot. He looks miserable. 

Lesson learned: be dramatic! Go big! Have fun! 

The other awesome series is the finish line series. About 200m to go Lisa said "go ahead, take off. I know you like to finish fast" and I said no, I want to finish with you, give me your hand. And this is double the joy because its shared joy. 
Lesson learned: share the things you love with the people you love and watch the love grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment